In a recent post I listed what I wanted to achieve in 2022, and thought it may be a good idea on what I have done so far this year.
It’s only been just over one month but it has been productive so far. I will update this post each month to see where I am at and what I have managed to get done.
- Published the May issue of d12 Monthly – the free D&D zine
- Established YUMDM & d12 Monthly as a side business (as opposed to a hobby)
- I also announced a new zine just for patrons: d12 Sites, which will give you a location you can drop into your campaigns and have hours of adventures with. It will be available as a free PDF to patrons starting in June
- Gained another piece of art for the first in a series of Monster Manuals
- Wrote two blog posts in the same series on Cultural Weapons: the Orc Carver and the Dwarven Fighting Dagger
- I have been running my West Marches campaign for 4 weeks now and it just keeps getting better. It should be out of beta soon!
- I haven’t been able to play too much soloRPGs but I did play one session where the PCs were ambushed by a rival NPC party and a quick combat ensued. However, the PCs managed to retreat after realising they were a little out-gunned.
- And, finally, I have also been super happy with some recent metrics:
That’s it for last month, but exciting times will be had in May, I am sure.
- Published the April issue of d12 Monthly – my free D&D zine
- Purchased the first piece of art for my first monster manual
- I wrote a new blog posts: on encounter table design. This is part 1 is a short series on random encounters
- I also published the second of the podcast I am part of – now called D&3, which features myself, Ian from Black Dragon Games, and Jon from Tale of the Manticore.
- I added a soloRPG section to this website – hopefully people will find it handy
- I am about to start my West Marches campaign – this will be a test run for a few session with some close friends to see how it all works. I will be opening it to the public come late April/early May
- I sent out my secret project for patron – I call them bookmark monsters
- Unfortunately, I haven’t had too much time for my solo campaigns, but once the front end work for the West Marches prep has been done, I can focus more on them
- Published the March issue of my free D&D zine, d12 Monthly.
- Managed to continue my main D&D soloRPG campaign and progressing the story towards what could be a great climax for this current thread
- Wrote two blog posts: one of a new layout for monster stat blocks and the other on random encounter tables.
- I have also written a bit more detail for my West Marches-style campaign, which will be launching this month.
- The next podcast with Jon, from Tale of the Manticore, and Ian, from Black Dragon Games, has been recorded and will be published soon.
Not bad for a short month. I hope to do even more during March, natural disasters aside. How have you been travelling this year so far?
- I have published the January issue of my free D&D zine, d12 Monthly. This issue is all about dragons
- I have started on a West Marches-style campaign which will have players from all over the world
- I have written three blog posts:
- One on monster stat blocks – finding a new way to structure them for better GMing and worldbuilding
- One on Reaction Rolls and how I use them
- One of a new D6 Mechanic to use in your D&D campaign which helps you determine outcomes easily and quickly
- And one on using the 3rd edition of D&D to mix up encounter numbers to your random encounter tables
- I have played some more soloRPG which continued my main solo D&D campaign
- I have lined up a date & topic for the next podcast with Jon and Ian
- I have been working on my Kickstarter, working out an art budget and narrowing down the artists I like, plus working on the book itself (but need to do much more before the April launch)
Looking back at my original post – with what I had planned – a couple of things have been partially ticked off:
- The first zine has been published and I am working on the next one already
- I have the next podcast recording set up
- I have been blogging, releasing four blogs (see above)
- I have also added a new project: the West Marches campaign
All in all, I am happy with my progress so far this year – how are you going and what have you done/working on?