In April 2021, I am launching Issue 0 of a new Dungeons and Dragons zine, called d8 Monthly.
This is mostly a passion project, but it is also provides me with another channel to write about D&D and to give back to the community.
I loved the old Dragon magazines, and I miss reading printed magazines and books, and I wanted to recapture that by producing something others can enjoy.
This is why I am going to make this zine available as a downloadable PDF, but also a printed zine which is sent to you each and every month.
Issue 0 is, like a session 0, a bit of a test for you to see what I am putting together and also for me to get feedback on what you want to see.
It will be free to download, and I will let you know how to get a printed issue sent to you (there will be a small price attached to this).
If you want to contribute for future issues, please reach out and contact me via Twitter.
I also wanted to use this blog to let you know when future editions are coming out and give you some sneak peaks when I can, so I will be adding an email service soon.
The first “Issue 0” is almost ready and here is a sneak peak of the cover.
This issue will have the following articles:
- Oils Ain’t Oils – non-magical oils for adventurers
- Twisted Encounter Table – a random encounter table for mountainous terrain
- Shorthand Your NPCs – a way to write up and remember NPCs easily
- Location, Location, Location – travel to the small town of Dolfar
- Dramatis Personae – a closer look at an NPC who lives in Dolfar
Let me know what you think so far in the comments below.